Arts and Humanities Research Travel Award
Application deadline for travel July 1, 2014 through June 30, 2015 is November 10, 2014 at 4:30 p.m. Application Web site
The Arts and Humanities Travel Award program offers travel support funding to UWM faculty, instructional and research academic staff for presenting scholarly and creative works at conferences, performances, or exhibitions, and for conducting research. Awards from this program may be combined with funding from other sources.
Applications for travel pertaining to the pursuit of research and creative activity will be given higher priority than requests to present at professional conferences and meetings. Requests for travel solely for conference/meeting attendance will not be considered.
Actual expenses up to the amount of the award will be reimbursed. The maximum amount of an award is $500 for domestic travel and $900 for international travel. (In some cases, larger awards may be made.)
Individuals holding positions as Deans and Associate Deans are not eligible to apply. A maximum of two applications per person per year will be considered.
There are two application cycles each year. Dates for AY 2014-15 are:
- Deadline: November 10, 2014 for travel dates between July 1, 2014 and June 30, 2015
- Deadline: May 4, 2015 for travel dates between January 1, 2015 and December 31, 2015.
If you receive an award for past travel dates, you must provide all documentation, including receipts, as required by the UWM Travel Office in order to be reimbursed for your expenses.
As part of the application you will be asked to describe in detail one of the following purposes for travel:
- Conducting research: Describe what you intend to accomplish during your travel, how this relates to your research agenda, and the anticipated outcomes (monograph, articles, grants, etc).
- Presenting results of research: Explain the importance of your participation in the particular event for which you are requesting funding.
- Creative activity (performance, exhibition): Explain the importance of your participation in the particular event for which you are requesting funding.
We suggest that you compose your statement in advance and then copy/paste in the appropriate place within the application.
Awardees must comply with the State and campus travel guidelines and any other School or College instructions (see your Unit Business Representative). All out-of-state travel requires completion of the Travel Approval Request form.
Complete UWM travel information can be found on the Business & Financial Services Web site: