Arts and Humanities Faculty Research Travel Award
October 25, 2013 for travel January through June 2014
March 28, 2014 for travel July through December 2014
Funds are available to support research travel grants for faculty on tenure/tenure-track appointments in the Arts and Humanities Division. Awards from this program may be combined with funding from other institutional sources.
Applications for travel pertaining to the pursuit of research and creative activity will be given higher priority than requests to present at professional conferences and meetings. In either case, the activity should be connected to the applicant's overall research agenda. Requests for travel solely for conference/meeting attendance will not be considered.
Actual expenses up to the amount of the award will be reimbursed. The maximum amount of an award is $500 for domestic travel and $900 for international travel. (In some cases, larger awards may be made.)
Individuals holding positions as Deans and Associate Deans are not eligible. Only one application per faculty member per travel period will be considered.
There are two application cycles each year: an October deadline for travel between January and June, and a late March/early April deadline for travel between July and December. As part of the application you will be asked to describe in detail one of the following purposes for travel:
- Conducting research: Describe what you intend to accomplish during your travel, how this relates to your research agenda, and the anticipated outcomes (monograph, articles, grants, etc).
- Presenting results of research: Explain the importance of your participation in the particular event for which you are requesting funding.
- Creative activity (performance, exhibition): Explain the importance of your participation in the particular event for which you are requesting funding.
We suggest that you compose your statement in advance and then copy/paste in the appropriate place within the application.
- October 25, 2013 for travel January through June 2014
- March 28, 2014 for travel July through December 2014
Applications will be reviewed by a committee of tenured faculty in the Division.
Awardees must comply with the State and campus travel guidelines and any other School or College instructions (see your Unit Business Representative). All out-of-state travel requires completion of the Travel Approval Request form.
Complete UWM travel information can be found on the Business & Financial Services Web site: