Visits to Sponsors Travel Awards (VISTA) Program
The Graduate School supports faculty and academic staff travel on a limited basis to federal agencies, foundations, corporate sponsors, federal laboratories, or other institutions of higher education, to open or continue dialogues with program officers, agency officials, or potential collaborators. The VISTA Program provides support for critical face-to-face meetings with individuals to discuss general agency priorities, targeted grant opportunities, and specific research projects.
Limitations and conditions
- Support is limited to travel expenses and capped at $500. (In some cases, larger awards may be made.)
- The VISTA program may support travel to a professional conference, provided there is a separate meeting with an agency program officer or potential collaborator. The traveler must provide evidence of the meeting.
- Travel must be approved through normal travel procedures (contact your college or school UBR/personnel representative for information on the process and any restrictions). Air travel must be ticketed using the UW System-wide self-booking tool, known as Concur.
- An applicant may seek additional funding from his or her school, college, or department.
- In addition to other required travel forms, researchers are required to submit a one-page summary of their activities and outcomes after the trip is completed. Reimbursement of expenses will not be processed until this summary is received.
- VISTA does not support lobbying Congress.
- Apply at least two weeks prior to travel using the link below.
- Submit applications via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Review of applications will normally be completed within one week of their submission.
• For more information on the VISTA program, contact Kathleen Koch (email@example.com, x3699).