Following official notification of award receipt and/or receipt of a fully executed grant or contract agreement:
- Your pre-award proposal reviewer will facilitate the establishment of a unique “PRJ” account number for your award.
- The beginning and end date for expenditures against the project account are established, based on the award document.
- Once the account is set up, an Award Summary containing the PRJ number and other information relevant to your award will be e-mailed to you. Please keep this message for reference.
- OSP will create a Regent's notice accepting the award for the University.
Advance Account (Backstop) Request
It may be possible for an account to be established prior to the receipt of the official award if there is reasonable certainty that an award will be made to and accepted by UWM.
If this is the case, you should:
- Complete an Advance Account (Backstop) Request.
- Have it signed by your Department Chair/Center Director.
- Attach the signed request to the WISPER record.
- Initiate an approval request “Request Adv Acct (Backstop)” and send to your Dean’s Office.