Apply for Graduate Admission
When to Apply to a Degree Program
The Graduate School recommends that you begin the application process one year before the semester you plan to start. Please check with your proposed graduate program and the Financial Aid Office to learn their deadlines.
- Areas of Graduate Study
- Review specific information about your proposed graduate program.
- Admission Requirements
- Graduate School and UWM graduate program degree admission requirements.
- Online Application
- Complete the UW System admission application.
- Application Checklist
- A list of steps to take during the degree application process.
- Non-Degree Admission
- This admission category allows you to take courses for graduate credit without pursuing a degree.
- Certificate Admission
- Apply for a program designed for professional advancement, career change, or personal enrichment.
- Off-Campus Admission
- Apply to take a UWM course being offered off-campus.